Find a school, class or activity in your area
- Login withLogin with
Discover the Best Online Classes & Activities for Kids on Kidwise
E-learning for school kids has been gaining popularity over the last few years as several EdTech companies have proliferated, with the promise of innovative methods and tools to ensure kids understand concepts, and to help them prepare for exams. Various providers offer a mix of recorded/animated as well as live classes, and parents now have a large number of options to choose from, and at different price points.
With the onset of Covid in early-2020, and closure of schools and physical tutorials, online learning has become a necessity, and most urban schools started online classes within a few weeks, to ensure that their students‘ learning did not suffer.
Along with schools going online, the availability of various free platforms for video conferencing, and online classrooms, has also spurred a large number of home tutors, hobby classes and activity centres for kids to go online. From individuals taking tuitions in small groups, or 1-1, to larger coaching centres, there are tools available to suit various requirements, and offering features like whiteboards, chats, assignments, tests/quizzes etc.
As many parents and students experience online learning for the first time, it is clear that there will be a long term shift towards online classes, as these offer benefits which appeal to many parents. Some of these are:
- Availability of recorded classes which allows students to progress at their own pace, as well as live classes with instructors who can clear doubts, check students’ understanding and ensure the personal touch, which is much needed for many students
- Online classes can offer parents the flexibility and freedom of timing and location, hence easing the logistics of dropping & picking up kids, and in managing a convenient schedule which suits the teachers and all students.
- Students are no longer restricted to options available only in their localities (as parents are reluctant to have kids travel far for tuitions or activities), and can even pursue hobbies/activities which are not offered in their neighhourbood.
- A wide range of options is available, in terms of pricing, so parents can choose what is affordable for them.
- For teachers also, the online classes enable them to reach out to students irrespective of location, and they can overcome a lot of logistics and schedule restrictions.
Of course, these benefits also come with some disadvantages eg. increased screen time for kids, lower levels of personal interaction, particularly important for students with low attention spans, or those with special needs, etc.
Many parents are also favoring classes or activities which have both online as well as physical classes (as and when these are permitted and safe), and are thus preferring tutors in their neighbourhoods who also offer online classes.
From online classes for music, dance, languages or other hobbies, to online tuitions for maths, science or social studies, to pre-school activities and learning, you can find options for all these, and more on Kidwise. Find online classes in Pune by looking for the Orange icon, or filter for your locality to find classes near you, if you wish to continue with physical classes as well.
You can find the best online tuitions and hobby classes in Pune, for your kids, here on Kidwise, get information about them, read reviews from other parents, and connect with them. Browse classes & activities based on criteria like distance, ratings, facilities, subjects etc. and decide on the best suited option for your child. Have a specific query? Ask other parents like yourself, for advice & suggestions, on the groups on Kidwise, and also share your experiences with them.
There’s a lot more you can discover on Kidwise. With so many options for kids’ all-round development, Kidwise also helps you find various activities for them, from maths to music , and from baking to badminton. While you are here, do also browse our articles for tips and tricks to boost your parenting quotient, and catch up on topics that are trending among parents.